Ending Racism Together: Healing from the Social Construction of "Race"
In the US, “race” as a social construct began 400 years ago—and continues to be constructed today. In this webinar, we will follow “Christian, land-owning, male” narrative threads through to current-day racial categories “White” and “Black;” Anti-Jewish Oppression, anti-immigrant and xenophobic policies, and criminalization of houselessness; the control of female reproduction to enforce “race purity,” and protect access to exploitable labor; and the mechanisms of genocide, exclusion, caste and assimilation. We will come together to heal from the effects of racism. We will actively disrupt the cycle of oppression passed on through our patterns of internalized oppression (inferiority) and internalized dominance (superiority) as we take on the work necessary to end racism, in our lifetime.
- Understood the historical roots, narratives, hurts, and justifications that led to the social construction of “race.”
- Dismantled the false belief in racial hierarchy as a catalyst to initiate and sustain a racial healing practice.
- Released despair, helplessness, panic, exhaustion, shame, guilt, and/or numbness as we face the impacts of racism on us, our families, and the world.
- Deepened your understanding of LJIST’s core theory of social transformation and its application to ending racism
- Understand the historical context for the construction of “race” in the United States and its lasting impacts
- Move beyond a “check-list” allyship to a transformational practice for living our values
- Link the fight to ending racism to the fight to end anti-Jewish oppression and sexism
- Take control of our healing to have a bigger, bolder role in ending racism in our lifetime
Who Is This For?
- BIPOC who want a deeper understanding of and to heal from effects of the construction of “race” in the United States
- White people who want to give up their patterns of internalized dominance and join BIPOC in the fight to end racism as peers
- Anyone who isn’t satisfied with reading books and watching movies to become more “woke”
- Women and men who want to understand why the fight to end racism requires us to end sexism
- Jews and allies who want to understand why the fight to end racism requires us to end anti-Jewish oppression
On-Demand Webinars Include:
- 1-Hour Webinar
- Individual Reflection Worksheet
- Webinar Evaluation
You will have a 14-day viewing window from the date of purchase (for individuals) or from a designated start date (for organizational licenses) to complete the webinar.
"Racism had a beginning and it will have an end, and we can be part of ending it."
– Nanci E. Luna Jiménez
For 1 Viewer
Up To 100 Viewers
Up To 500 Viewers
Nanci - you are phenomenal! The audacity to end racism within your lifetime and to make that known publicly & repeatedly leaves me speechless.
I am always deeply grateful when I get to participate in any sessions from the institute, they are so deeply healing and soul nourishing... Thank you for creating such a beautiful, vulnerable space for healing and connection to change the world.
I appreciate the decades of experience that brings us to this point in time and how powerfully poised you are to support so many of us in changing our system at the core.