- This event has passed.
Healing Together Virtual Gathering: Healthcare Workers
April 15 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pmFREE
Our healthcare workers are on the front-lines of this pandemic. Without proper resources, access to personal protective equipment (PPE), and without coordinated leadership to flatten the curve in the US or internationally, our healthcare workers have been asked to do the impossible task of caring for the sick. They’ve had to make heartbreaking decisions to live separately from their families, since they cannot shelter in place as essential workers, and will witness the horror of this pandemic up close.
Wednesday April 15, 2020
1:30P – 3:00P (PDT) / 3:30P – 5:00P (CDT) / 4:30P – 6:00P (EDT)
Without judgment, we will release the feelings to get clearer thinking in the face of this pandemic. You will have a chance to:
- Be deeply listened to and listen to others using Constructivist Listening
- Experience the power of emotional healing in community and break isolation
- Release despair, helplessness, panic, exhaustion and/or numbness
- Be more hopeful, energized, connected, and clear as we identify actions we can take to ensure a just future
- Receive compassionate, non-judgmental support around how to care for yourself and your community as you continue working
A core LJIST value is Dāna: the practice of cultivating generosity. (Click here to read our blog about this Niyama.) Especially at this time, we want this event to be accessible to everyone. There is no charge for this event. Events will be limited to the first 20 people who register.
This gathering will be held over Zoom which can be downloaded for free to a smart phone or computer. We ask that you have a working headset so that only you (and not those in the space around you) can hear what is shared by others on the call. We will send more details about the technology and logistics to confirmed registrants.
Although this Healing Together Virtual Gathering will be led in English, all languages can access this healing process and are encouraged to participate!