- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT: Virtual Giving Up Privilege Workshop
September 15 @ 10:00 am - September 17 @ 1:00 pm$349
- White People and Mixed Heritage people who Identify as White who are committed to being transformed by doing their own healing to end internalized White supremacy, separation, and finally come “home”
- BIPOC who are committed to being transformed by a healing-based approach that requires White People give up dominance and become true allies in the struggle to end racism and White Supremacy
- Understand how the “privilege” narrative perpetuates assimilation, guilt, and defensiveness, inadvertently keeping White supremacy and systemic racism in place
- Be able to recognize and name patterns of internalized dominance and entitlement, non-target cluelessness, and human rights as distinct concepts
- Shift from experiencing non-target identity as one of “privilege” to one of “loss” as we recognize the costs of oppression to and as non-targets
- Increase commitment to build transformational relationships and community with fellow non-target group members to disrupt isolation and separation based on feeling “better than”
- Face the grief and discharge the guilt as we support non-targets to “come home”
VIRTUAL GIVING UP PRIVILEGE WORKSHOP
September 15 – 17, 2020
10:00 am – 1:00 pm (PDT) / 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (EDT) Each Day
THIS WORKSHOP IS SOLD OUT. We hope you will consider joining us for our Virtual Ending Racism Workshop in December.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE & REFUND POLICY
Register by Monday August 31, 2020. Registration is limited to 36 people.
Refunds will not be given for this workshop, but registration can be transferred to another participant until Monday August 31, 2020.
*Discounts are available to groups of 4-6 participants registering from the same organization. Contact Ilana Uemura at email@example.com for more information.