Giving and Receiving Just Apologies: A Restorative Path to Racial Healing and Reparations
Just Apologies are a necessary first step for accountability and reparations. Yet, apologies are not enough, can be unsatisfying, and even inflame. Why? What patterns are showing up in our apologies? Just Apologies open a path for transformational healing and forgiveness. Just Apologies recognize dominance and embody the essential healing work for ending oppression. What does it mean to offer a Just Apology? On an interpersonal, national, or global scale, Just Apologies are rooted in connection and signal a willingness to engage deeper. In this webinar, you will be invited to acknowledge past and current hurts, release resentments and regrets, and identify relationships where a Just Apology can begin a journey to restore trust and forge a path toward justice.
- Understood the role of apology in the repair and reparation process
- Learned to recognize the common patterns and pitfalls of an un-just apology
- Explored key elements of giving “Just Apologies”
- Deepened our understanding of LJIST’s core theory of social transformation and its application to ending racism
- Learn what patterns are getting in your way of giving (and receiving) a Just Apology.
- (Begin to) Forgive yourself for your mistakes including those around oppressions such as racism, sexism, adultism, classism, heterosexism, etc.
- Take decisive steps on a path toward accountability and reparations rooted in a foundation of healing, connection, and integrity.
Who Is This For?
- Anyone who is committed to ending oppression through healing, connection, and engagement or is tired of being out of integrity
- Anyone who hasn’t forgiven themselves or struggles to even imagine what that could mean
- Anyone doesn’t know and/or wants to learn how to make a Just Apology
- Anyone who wants to understand why Just Apologies are an essential component of the path toward systemic justice and reparations.
On-Demand Webinars Include:
- 1-Hour Webinar
- Individual Reflection Worksheet
- Webinar Evaluation
You will have a 30-day viewing window from the date of purchase (for individuals) or from a designated start date (for organizational licenses) to complete the webinar.
"A Just Apology is a chance to come into integrity through healing and connection.”
– Nanci E. Luna Jiménez
For 1 Viewer
Up To 100 Viewers
Up To 500 Viewers
This has changed my whole view of apologies. I was looking for better words and found out that I have to bring me.
Apology without excuse or expectation has changed me.
[This content] has opened me up to forgiving myself at a deeper level and creating more room for self acceptance in my life.