Just Listening Small Group Coaching
Just Listening creates a Community of Practice (CoP) committed to embodying LJIST's Theory of Healing for Social Justice using Constructivist Listening. Participants of this small group coaching program meet weekly in Listening Partnerships (established during the first meeting). A workbook, micro-learnings videos, and weekly emails support the Listening Partnership practice throughout the 10-week program. At the midway point and the end of Just Listening, participants join a 2-hour small group video coaching session facilitated by the LJIST team. Cohorts are limited to 8 people.
NUMBER OF SESSIONS:
Three (3) 2-Hour Sessions with LJIST Coaches; 10 Weekly 30-60 Minute Sessions with your Listening Partner
COACHING PARTNER REQUIRED: Yes (Established by LJIST during Kick-Off Session)
*Program can be renewed an unlimited number of times
Who Is This For?
This program is for you if you want:
- Support to establish and maintain a meaningful, on-going Constructivist Listening practice
- A personable, accessible small group coaching experience that builds community and breaks isolation
- Coaching that uses oppression theory and a healing approach to get “unstuck,” offer fresh perspectives and identify effective actions
- Social justice coaching that gets at the root issues with compassion and commitment to non-judgment
- Committed to Constructivist Listening as an ongoing practice that eliminates internalized oppression and patterns that reinforce discouragement, dominance, and division
- Felt supported to establish and maintain an effective Constructivist Listening Partnership practice
- Experienced the power of healing in community using LJIST’s core listening practice
- Deepened your understanding of LJIST’s core theory of social transformation and its application to ending racism
As part of this program you will also receive:
- A workbook to guide your 10-week practice including prompts for your Listening Partnership Sessions
- 10 micro-learning videos to deepen your understanding of the Constructivist Listening practice
- Weekly emails with a featured video and Listening Partnership prompt for that week's session
- Constructivist Listening Instructional Video, LJIST Handout, and additional resources
- Participate with someone of your choice to be Listening Partners (they must also register separately) or be matched with someone from the program by LJIST
The Listening Partnership is the glue, it holds the integrity [of the program]. It is such a gift to be listened to.
You and your team gave us a structure and process for healing. And it ultimately points us back to ourselves and our connection. It's both simple and radical.
I don't follow through on much training but the Just Listening program has continued to have ripple effects in my personal and work life. It's both powerful and empowering to see the effects of listening on those around me and knowing that I have a place to be listened to without judgement.
Everything about the Just Listening practice is transformative and healing, I have so much more healing to do. Even as I feel ashamed and embarrassed, I am still connected as a listener and speaker.
The program is reinforcing of something I am trying to change in myself, that I am worth the time.