Last updated June 6, 2018
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time and from time to time. The most recent version of the Policy is reflected by the version date located at the top of this Policy. All updates and amendments are effective immediately upon notice, which we may give by any means, including, but not limited to, by posting a revised version of this Policy or other notice on the Site. We encourage you to review this Policy often to stay informed of changes that may affect you, as your continued use of the Services constitutes acceptance of any modifications to the Services and the Policy. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any modifications to the Services are subject to the Policy. Our electronically or otherwise properly stored copies of this Policy are each deemed to be the true, complete, valid, authentic, and enforceable copy of the version of this Policy which were in effect on each respective date you used the Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may use your information in the following ways:
- If you create an account, we may store and use your name, email address, and other information you may provide with your account. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, Contacting Us to request its removal.
- We may share information that you post or submit to the Site or through the Services. We may display this information on the Site, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- When you sign up for an account, you agree to receive communications from us, including marketing communications. You can opt out of these communications by Contacting Us.
- We may store information about your use of the Services, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Services, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers: We may outsource some of our functions to third-party providers who help us provide and support our Services, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. All these third-party providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, links embedded within the Services.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (i) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (ii) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or (iii) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Social media platforms and widgets: Our Services include social media features, such as Facebook Pixel. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Links: The Services may contain links to unaffiliated third-party websites, whose privacy practices may be different from ours. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your Personal Information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third-party websites.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include Personal Information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using a pseudonym.
ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF DATA
If your data changes, you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We will give you access to any Personal Information we hold about you within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold about them by Contacting Us. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual from our servers at their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update their Personal Information.
The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please Contact Us.
We take commercially reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we try to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may Contact Us.
Some of our Services may require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords or resend forgotten passwords, only reset them.
NOTICE OF BREACH OF SECURITY
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or the Services, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
The information we obtain from or about you may be processed and stored in the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than the country where you reside. By using our Services, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please Contact Us.
You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Luna Jimenez Institute for Social Transformation
Attn: Melissa Miller, Director of Operations
PO Box 11837
Portland, OR 97211