HTVG RACIAL JUSTICE & TRANSFORMATION SUMMER SERIES
Wednesday June 24, July 22, and August 26
10:00 – 11:30 am PDT / 1:00 – 2:30 pm EDT
Each session of this summer series will build off of the teachings from the month before. All sessions will provide healing space for you to bring whatever you need to work on. You may choose to join any or all of the sessions, but please only register for HTVGs that you commit to attend for the full time. Although these are free sessions, if you are registered, we still expect you. We also don’t want to turn others away because you were a “no show.”
Part 1 (June 24): White Supremacy in Your Family & Community
Part 2 (July 22): Anti-Blackness in Your Family & Community
Part 3 (August 26): Anti-Blackness & White Supremacy in You
Without judgment, we will release the feelings and un-numb to get clearer thinking in the face of state-sanctioned racial violence. You will have a chance to:
- Release despair, helplessness, panic, exhaustion, and/or numbness as we face the impact of (internalized) White supremacy and (internalized) Anti-blackness on our family, communities, and us.
- Understand what Anti-Blackness is, its relationship to racism, and how it is embedded in every individual, community, and institution across the world.
- Listen deeply and be listened to by others with compassion and non-judgement using LJIST’s core healing practice, Constructivist Listening.
- Experience the power of emotional healing in community and break isolation.
- Reclaim our hope, energy, connection, and clarity as we identify actions we can take to ensure a just future.