Webinar Bundle Limited Special Offer
INDIVIDUALS: Purchase 3, Get 1 Free | ORGANIZATIONS: Get 10% off all four
Add the bundle to checkout with any webinar purchase!
Stopping the Cycle of Oppression: How Our Early Hurts Perpetuate Injustice
No person is born agreeing to oppress others or be oppressed. Young people have an innate sense of justice. We entered the world clear about our significance and ability to make things go well. It takes the systematic mistreatment of young people for us to doubt our goodness, thinking, or power to ensure justice for all. To interrupt the cycle of oppression we will need to recognize how we were hurt and commit to heal from internalized messages of discouragement, helplessness, or powerlessness. Giving up, waiting, or resentfully going it alone are no longer our only options. When we reconnect to our inherent human capacity to heal, we can and will stop the cycle of oppression.
- Understood how young people’s oppression and its effects leave us vulnerable to perpetuating the cycle of oppression
- Begun to recognize what our patterned responses to unhealed hurts are and how these patterns don’t take away from our innate human goodness
- Learned a theory of change that describes our human healing process
- Deepened our understanding of LJIST’s core theory of social transformation and its application to ending racism
- Heal from early childhood experiences that have impacted your life, while holding the inherent goodness of your parents and caregivers
- Understand the residual patterns (thoughts and behaviors) you developed in response to oppression early in your life and how they show up today
- Break the cycle of oppression (interpersonally and intergenerationally)
Who Is This For?
- Anyone who is or ever was a young person (under 21) who has felt dismissed, not seen or believed, or expected to act like an adult
- Anyone who wants to understand why it’s hard to notice or effectively stand up to injustice—and be more compassionate with your efforts, however imperfect
- Anyone who hopes to understand how unnumbing to the effects of oppression contributes to both healing and justice
- Anyone who consistently struggles to take effective action or felt resentful of those who don’t take action
- Anyone who wants to stop acting out—whether aware or unaware—oppressive behaviors towards others
On-Demand Webinars Include:
- 1-Hour Webinar
- Individual Reflection Worksheet
- Webinar Evaluation
You will have a 14-day viewing window from the date of purchase (for individuals) or from a designated start date (for organizational licenses) to complete the webinar.
“A just world requires us to heal from internalized adultism that left us feeling discouraged, hopeless, helpless, powerless, and/or waiting for someone else.”
– Nanci E. Luna Jiménez
For 1 Viewer
Up To 100 Viewers
Up To 500 Viewers
Being introduced to the model of The Nature of Human Beings and helping me understand how hurt plays out in my patterns and by unhooking, discharging my own hurt and pain I can disrupt oppression. This gives me home for my future, that it be loving and kind toward myself. Thank you for your generosity of self and love.
Going into this webinar I wasn't sure that learning the background theory upon which [Nanci's] work is based on would be as valuable as I think it really was. It definitely helped give me a framework for thinking about how we communicate to one another and from what place we are coming. Nanci seemed very well grounded in this work and I am very much looking forward to further work with her.
This was my first time getting my feet wet with social justice topics. I just wanted to start somewhere, and I know I'll only go forward from here.