Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
FOR VIDEO AND WEB SERVICES
Last updated January 9, 2018
This is a contract between you and us. By accessing or using the Services, you acknowledge understanding these Terms and you agree to be bound by them with any changes that we may publish from time to time. Read the Terms carefully. If you do not agree to all these Terms, then you may not access or use our Services. If you breach any of the Terms, your authorization to use the Services automatically terminates. The Services are provided “as is” and as available. You use them at your own risk. We reserve the right to discontinue your access to the Services, and remove any content, at any time, for any reason or no reason, at our sole discretion, with or without notice.
You agree to revisit these Terms on a regular basis because revised versions will affect your rights. Although we may notify you if the Terms change, we reserve the right to modify these Terms from time to time, without notice to you. Your continued use of the Services constitutes acceptance of any modifications to the Services and the Terms. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any modifications to the Services are subject to the most recent Terms.
Online Course and Video License
If you pay for an online course or video, we grant you the limited license to temporarily view those materials for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only, subject to all of these Terms, for the limited time period and limited number of viewers determined by your video license at the time of purchase. We expressly reserve all other rights and grant no rights other than those explicitly stated under these Terms.
The videos are intended only as a review for workshop participants or a sample for you to determine whether or not you wish to purchase other services. These videos are not designed as nor a replacement for the live teaching experience.
You may not exhibit the video in any public setting. You may not display, distribute, reproduce, share or exhibit any video or materials among any group that exceeds the size allowed under the limited terms of your video license at the time of purchase. You may not use the Services for any training, commercial, or business purpose. You may not download a video. You may not access a video after your licensed viewing time period ends.
Your license automatically terminates if you violate any of these Terms and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession related to the Services, whether in electronic, printed, or other format.
To the maximum extent allowable under applicable law, you acknowledge and agree that we or our licensors own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Services. Except for open source, public domain, and “creative commons” components, and as otherwise provided in these Terms, all videos, worksheets, diagrams, graphics, visual interfaces, photographs, images, logos, audio, artwork, text, lists, computer code, products, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” any advertisements, and arrangements of such content, through the Services belongs to us or our licensors, and may be protected by trade dress, trade secret, copyright, trademark laws, and unfair competition laws. Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you have no right to use any of our trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, or other brand features, for any purpose, or in any manner that is likely to cause consumer confusion, dilutes our brand, or that disparages or discredits us.
Although we are proud of our materials, we do not offer refunds.
Using The Services
The concepts and other content provided through the Services represent our opinions based on our experiences and research. We expressly disclaim any responsibility for any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, that is incurred as a result of using any of the Services, strategies, or recommendation suggested herein.
You use the Services at your own risk. The Services and all content available through the Services are provided AS IS and AS AVAILABLE for your personal, non-commercial use only. It is your responsibility to take precautions against viruses, worms, Trojan horses and any other potentially destructive items from other users, third parties, and third party websites or content.
The Services include platforms for user-generated content and discussions. Accordingly, you understand that when you use the Services, you may be exposed to content from a variety of users, and that we are not responsible for the accuracy, integrity, quality, usefulness, safety, appropriateness, or intellectual property rights in or relating to such content. We are not responsible for any errors shared or transmitted by users of the Services. We have no obligation to review or remove any content or other materials provided through the Services, except as required by law. We, nevertheless, reserve the right to remove any content at our sole discretion. Because public networks, such as the Internet, occasionally experience disruptions, we cannot guarantee that the Services will be available all the time. Although we intend to provide the most reliable service possible, interruptions and delays are unavoidable and we disclaim any liability for damages resulting from such problems.
You are solely responsible for your conduct related to the Services. You agree that you will use the Services in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations. You will use the Services only for purposes reasonably intended by us in providing the Services as a resource for personal growth.
At all times and under all circumstances, YOU SHALL NOT enter an agreement to, authorize, enable, or assist others with, or otherwise do any of the following:
- violate the Terms;
- use the Services for any commercial, unlawful, invasive, infringing, defamatory, harassing, abusive, or fraudulent purposes, including but not limited to misappropriation, inciting violence, encouraging illegal activity, or violating third party rights including but not limited to publicity, privacy, false light, contract, fiduciary rights, and intellectual property rights;
- upload, transmit, or otherwise distribute any material that is false, misleading, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, obscene, pornographic, hateful, offensive, harmful, vulgar, distasteful, racist, homophobic, harmful, or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- send spam, surveys, phishing messages, or other unsolicited bulk messages of any kind, regardless of the content or nature of the messages;
- submit any information that may transmit viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or any other computer programming routine that is intended to damage, interfere with, harm, defraud, intercept or expropriate us, the Services, or the Service’s users;
- alter, damage, steal, copy, modify, loan, lease, sell, license, adapt, encode, reverse engineer, transmit, republish, distribute, decompile, disassemble, translate, reframe, reformat or create derivative works of any portion of the Services or the content provided therefrom;
- exploit, sell, license, disclose, develop, or distribute any product designed or intended for use with or incorporating any portion of the Services, without our written permission;
- use any artificial process (including but not limited to any ‘deep-link’, ‘scraper’, ‘robot’, ‘spider,’ ‘web crawler,’ or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar automatic or manual process), to access, retrieve, monitor, submit, transmit, or copy any content from the Services, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services and any content;
- remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices included in, on, or affixed to the Services;
take any action which undermines the Services and its user sharing process, including bad faith submissions, fake submissions, submitting in exchange for compensation, and giving compensation in exchange for a submission;
use the Services if you are under the age of eighteen (18), lack the power or authority to agree to the Terms, are a competitor of ours, or if we have previously refused or discontinued your access to the Services;
- sell, share, or otherwise transfer your account username, password, other information, or your rights or obligations under these Terms;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Services or any network connected to the Services;
alter, steal, corrupt, disable, destroy, trespass, or violate any security or encryption of any computer file, database, or network through the Services; or
- solicit, reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information about any other user of the Services or exploit the Services or information offered through the Services, to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information, except as expressly authorized by us.
Your User Account
You must create an account and give us information about yourself to use some features of the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
Third Party Content, Services, And Brands
Third party users may transmit content related to the Services including, but not limited to, user comments. We do not review, endorse, guarantee, nor do we accept any responsibility for any of this content or any third party websites linked or otherwise transmitted through the Services.
We are not responsible for the decisions you make based on content provided through the Services. Any dealings you have with third parties are at your own risk. We do not control or endorse any third party services or products. We do not guarantee the quality or reliability of any such third party, services, expertise, or products. You acknowledge and agree that you will not hold us or seek to hold us liable for or in connection with any third party dealings.
All trademarks and brand names included in the Services are the property of their respective owners. Any third party content is used for educational and informational purposes.
Submissions With The Services
As a condition of submitting any content or other materials through the Services, including discussions, you agree that:
you are solely responsible for the content of your submissions;
- you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, non-exclusive, assignable, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, merge, distribute, publicly display and perform, reformat, remove, analyze, commercialize, create derivative works from, and incorporate such content into other works including advertisements; you grant us all rights necessary to publish or refrain from publishing your name and address in connection with your content; you acknowledge that this license cannot be terminated by you once you submit your content to us;
- you grant us all rights necessary to prohibit the subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, distribution, or exploitation of your content by any other party;
- your name and information may be made available to the public and to those you engage with through the Services;
you represent that you own or have secured all legal rights necessary for the content submitted by you to be used by you, us, and others as described and otherwise contemplated in these Terms, and it does not infringe any copyright or other proprietary right of any other person or entity;
- you represent and warrant that each person identified or depicted in your content, if any, (and if a minor, then the parent or guardian of the minor) has provided consent to such identification or depiction, consistent with these Terms;
all of your submissions will be accurate, honest, truthful, and complete in all respects; and
- you have not received any form of compensation to submit content.
We have a no-tolerance spam policy. We may terminate access to the Services for any user found to be using the Services for spam. If you know of or suspect any violators, please Contact Us.
Warranties And Disclaimers
You acknowledge that we have no control over, and assume no duty to take any action regarding users’ access to or use of the Services, except as required by law. The Services may contain, or direct you to other services, sites, apps, or content that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. We make no representations or warranties concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services.
The Services and all related content are provided “AS IS,” and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty that (i) any content provided through the Services is accurate; (ii) the content provided through the Services will meet your requirements or expectations; (iii) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, virus-free, or error-free; or (iv) that any errors or defects in the Services or related content will be corrected. You acknowledge and agree that you use the Services at your own discretion and risk.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This limited warranty does not restrict the rights of the consumer mandated under applicable laws.
WAIVER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO YOU.
NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER SECTION OF THESE TERMS, CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THIS SECTION. YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR ASSERT ANY CLAIM AGAINST US RELATING TO THE SERVICES, AND RELEASE US FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES, TO THE MAXIMUMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AGENTS, OR OUR ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST OR DAMAGED INFORMATION OR DATA, DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION, SUBSTITUTE GOODS, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR ANY REASON OR CAUSE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL LIABILITY TO US, OR OUR MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR ASSIGNS, EXCEED THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (ii) FIVE U.S. DOLLARS ($5.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE-STATE REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US, OUR AGENTS, AND OUR ASSIGNS, HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY DISPUTES, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, CLAIMS, FEES OR COSTS, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ANY THIRD PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICES RELATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS (INCLUDING YOUR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY YOU UNDER THESE TERMS), OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY RIGHTS OF ANOTHER PERSON OR ENTITY.
We want you to enjoy our Services, so if you have an issue or dispute, you agree to raise it first by explaining the issue or dispute with us over email by Contacting Us and trying to resolve it informally a least ninety (90) days before initiating legal action. After such informal negotiations, before any party can initiate a lawsuit related to the Services, the parties must meet in good faith to engage in mediation with a mutually acceptable neutral mediator, located in Multnomah County, Oregon.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM ASSERTED IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING BY ONE PARTY AGAINST THE OTHER SHALL BE COMMENCED AND MAINTAINED EXCLUSIVELY IN STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY, OREGON. You agree to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts in connection with any litigation, and hereby waive all objections to venue and any claim that the forum is inconvenient.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Oregon, without regard to conflict-of-laws principles.
The Terms may not be modified or amended except in a writing signed by our duly authorized representative. Any waiver must be in a writing signed by us or our duly authorized representative. A waiver of any right, default, or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any other default or term. Any of these Terms deemed invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall not render invalid or unenforceable the remaining Terms or otherwise affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remaining Terms. If any provision of the Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable without losing its intent. If no such modification is possible, that provision shall be deemed severed from the rest of this agreement. All provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive the termination of your access to the Services, including, without limitation, provisions about ownership, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
If either party brings legal action to enforce these Terms, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred in connection with such action, prior to, at trial, and on any appeal, in addition to any legal and equitable remedies. Any failure by us to exercise any remedy or enforce any portion of the Terms at any time shall not operate as a waiver of any remedy or right to enforce any portion of the Agreement at any time.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.